Woke up early 6am (7am mountain time) after a somewhat terrible sleep. Managed to be 100 degrees even through a thunderstorm last night. Feeling a bit grotty we decided to head straight to vegas to get showered and to get some junky vegas food. Drove through the Vegas strip and arrived in Las Vegas around 11am then checked our booking and saw check in was 4pm...Went along and tried to check in, luckily she said we could check in 12.30pm which only left an hour and half before showers and food. Went a bit crazy and blew $1 on the slots, lost it all. We crazy.

From Road Trip USA
Came back and checked in at 12.30, room was nice can see the Bellagio fountains from our room. For $35 it's a bargain location-wize. We finally had our showers, and feeling fresh we decided to get out on to the strip. We went casino-hopping, which meant that we ended up walking more here than we did in Zion or Bryce. We stopped in at: The Venetian, Wynn Las Vegas, Treasure Island, Mirage, Caesar's Palace, Bellagio, NY-NY, Excalibur, Luxor, MGM Grand and Paris.
From Road Trip USA
The casino's were HUGE, and each of them had something a bit crazy going on. Like The Venetian with it's gondola rides, MGM Grand having a lion habitat and Caesar's Palace's Forum Fountain Show (bizarre!!). Walking from casino to casino wasn't very pleasant - it was so humid. On every street corner there were crazy little Mexican people handing out escort cards. Whenever I refused a card they'd try and offer it to Sarah! Our feet were killing by the time we'd been in them all, and had been walking around till 7.30, so we went back to our hotel room to rest our feet for half an hour. We started to get hungry so had a think of where to eat and decided on the Cheesecake Factory in Caesar's.

At 8pm we left for Caesar's, the whole strip was lit up and the streets were packed. Just before we left we grabbed some dollar margaritas which were half frozen, basically slushies (50% tequila, 29% Triple Sec, 21% fresh lime or lemon juice). Very strong, I think all the soda was frozen and it was just ice cold tequila with a hint of lemon. We headed straight for the cheesecake factory as it was quite late and we weren't sure if we would get a table. Was busy when we arrived but only a 25 minute wait. Spent that in the apple shop using their laptops and free internet hehe.

At 9.15pm we were seated at our table. We were given the menu....400 different choices, luckily they gave us a specials menu which we both ordered from. I had the Salisbury steak with mashed potato. Sarah had the chicken something or other it was nice though. The portion sizes were HUGE Sarah only managed half before she started feeling ill from being so full. That meant I had to try and not only finish my ridiculously huge steak but try and eat her chicken pesto parma ham pasta stuff. I tried...and failed. The main reason we went was for cheesecake but we were way too full to eat more. We think we might head there tomorrow instead to get some, looks super tasty. We were both super tired after our meal but managed to stay awake to watch the Bellagio fountains, they were spectacular. The final blast was worth the wait, I imagine it takes the 15minutes between shows just to charge up the pumps for the final blast. Was also super cheesy, people clapped...just like at sunset in the grand canyon.

From Road Trip USA
Half asleep we headed back to the hotel and conked out for the night excited for a full day in vegas tomorrow.