Recently Jon and I...
- Walked in the Pentland Hills in the rain.
- Shopped in TK Maxx. Jon picked up an outdoorsy coat and I found some glass cups (we only had one left) which we managed to get the price down to 50p per cup!
- Watched 2 free movies at the cinema. Hope Springs and Untouchable - I recommend both, especially Untouchable.
- Explored a part of Edinburgh we hadn't been to before. More on that below.
- Enjoyed our last week before University begins.
We parked up and it seemed like we weren't in the city anymore. We were on Blackford Hill which is a local nature reserve with fields of grass, crags, a lake and river. So we decided to walk up to the top of hill. It was such a windy day and at the top I struggled to stand straight! The views from the top were the best I've seen of Edinburgh (a 360° panorama). It was also really quiet, just a few dog walkers and that was it.
These photos were taken on my phone so they're pretty bad quality. [Jon's just renewed his phone contract and now has a Samsung Galaxy S2 (woo!) so I can use the camera on that when I don't have my proper camera with me now :D]
I love finding new places like this. This would be an awesome place to come and watch fireworks or for a picnic in the sun. I'm surprised it's not so well known!